Getting Ready for Each Season
As the weather begins to cool down, it’s time to start thinking about how to get your home ready for the winter. Yes, there are many things you can do as a homeowner to prepare your home for the winter. One area that will need a significant amount of your attention is the roof. Your roof needs to be able to stand up against the freezing cold, ice, snow, and other winter elements. Winter storms and elements can be very harsh on your roof, resulting in serious amounts of damage. Don’t wait until it’s too late to do anything. Instead, rely on SimpliRoofing to help with residential roof repairs in Suwanee and Atlanta, GA. We can help get your roof ready for the cold season. Call us at (470) 361-2210 to get started.
Tips for Residential Roof Repairs for Winter
How do I get my roof ready for the winter? This is a question that many homeowners struggle with. Prepping your home and your roof for the ever-changing seasons can be a big task to undertake, but you don’t have to do it alone. Rely on SimpliRoofing for all your residential roofing and repair needs, including seasonal roof maintenance.
- Check Flashing: On an asphalt shingle roof, there is often something called flashing installed. It is metal pieces that connect intersecting areas of a roof together and help direct water down and away. However, the flashing can also be a key area for damage and leaks to occur.
- Inspect Roof Valleys: Unless your roof is completely flat, it will have dips and valleys. These areas are prone to leaks, debris build-up, snow build-up and more. Make sure these areas are clear from anything harmful or damaging.
- Clean Gutters: One of the biggest problems for homeowners in the winter is snow damming. There are several ways to make sure this doesn’t happen, one of which is clean gutters. Snow damming occurs when water and snow build-up and freeze in gutters. Make sure they are clear so everything that needs to drain can do just that.
- Fix or Repair Sealant: And of course, check the sealant on your roof. This would be around chimneys, antennas, exhaust vents and such. Replacing and repairing the sealant around these areas will ensure a secure roof that won’t leak or become damaged.
When it comes to roof repairs and preparations, it is best to rely on the experts. Just like when you may need any kind of heating maintenance in Bonaire, GA. Taking a chance on DIY projects can result in many problems or issues that may ultimately cost you more to fix. Rather than take that chance, rely on SimpliRoofing for all your roofing needs.
Residential Roof Repair or Replacement
Whether you have an Owens Corning roof installation or any other type of roof, you will likely need a residential roof repair or replacement services. At some point in time, these will be necessary. However, we often get asked, is it better to repair or replace a roof? That is a hard question to answer because there are a lot of variables that can factor into that. Depending on the extent of the damage, it may be more cost-effective to invest in repairs. However, if the damage is more extensive, more comprehensive to your roof, then a replacement may be the better option to choose from.
You can determine all of this with the help of a SimpliRoofing contractor. We will go over every inch of your roof to find any potential damage or area of concern. When we are done, we provide you with a detailed report of our findings. We are the experts you need for all residential roofing and repair services. Our contractors know what to look for and how to repair anything they may find. Contact us today for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to repair roof?
- Residential roof repair costs will vary depending on what is needed, the extent of the damage, and more. On average, however, homeowners tend to pay around $650 for larger roof repairs. If repairs are on the smaller end, you may only need to budget for about $150.
- Can you replace part of a roof?
- Yes, you can. Roof damage doesn’t always mean that your entire roof structure is wasted. In some cases, just replacing or repairing a few shingles will restore your roof to its original condition.
- How long does a roof repair last?
- If done correctly, a roof repair should last as long as your roof does. Most residential roofs with shingles have a lifespan of about 20-25 years. Metal will typically last upwards of 75 year or longer. But any roof repairs should last just as long as your roof.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Team Today!
For any residential roof repairs in Suwanee and Atlanta, GA, look no further than SimpliRoofing. We are the expert team you can rely on. Dial (470) 361-2210 to get started today.